16 June 2008

Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa (also great for steak)

This is what we had for Father's Day. It is seriously one of my favorites! So delicious (yes D, that's still my word for the day). :)

Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa (from Kraftfoods.com)

1 envelope Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix
1/2 c oil
1/4 c lime juice
1/4 c cilantro
1 tsp chili powder
boneless skinless chicken breasts (it says about 1 3/4 lb; I just figure 1 recipe amount for 1 pkg of chicken)
2 mangoes, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
1/2 c chopped red pepper
1/2 c chopped green onions

Mix salad dressing mix, oil, lime juice, cilantro, and chili powder until well blended. Pour 1/2 cup of the dressing mixture over chicken in resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate. Mix remaining dressing mixture, mangoes, red peppers, and onions in medium bowl; cover. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Remove chicken from marinade and grill until cooked through. Top with mango mixture to serve.


I am so grateful for my dad and the opportunity we had Sunday to celebrate him! He has always provided me with a safe haven. A lot of kids do not grow up with that, and I am grateful beyond words for the reassurance I always have that he is there. I think the Father's Day card I found said it best: "A father who believes in his daughter gives her the courage to succeed." That is the perfect description of my dad. His confidence in me gives me all I need to keep trying, and his example of hard work and dedication help me succeed. I love you, Dad! Thank you for ALWAYS being there, even for those middle of the night phone calls and chats. Thanks for sacrificing so much for me and helping me along my way.

0 Geniuses: