Here is another update of my recent and current life. Hmm, a lot of it has had to do with food...
My friend from work and I taking a break for some sugar. We went to McKinley's Bakery/Cafe for lunch for Administrative Professionals Day to celebrate our AMAZING program assistants. It was the first time I had been there, and I am now a huge fan!! Everything was so delicious--the lunch and the bakery treats. :)
My same friend and I recently discovered that the other likes sushi. She saw a huge variety tray of it at Costco, so we decided to check it out. Although it was Costco sushi, it was really yummy! And it was fun to have a large variety. We realized when we were done that we hadn't taken a picture as planned, so here is our variety tray after the fact. :)
Kirsten and I were hanging out Friday night. Brian was out of town for work, and as it got later and we were feeling the tiredness of a busy week catching up to us both, we comtemplated what to do. She had a great idea to surprise our friend Lisa to take her out for dessert to celebrate her recently passed birthday. It was so much fun! And the desserts were delicious!
Kirsten and I went to dinner with Mike, Danielle, and Maddy tonight. We stayed true to our roots and had some delicious Mexican food. It was such a fun night! I can't believe how fast Maddy is growing up--she is seriously such a fun kid! She makes me happy! :) The only sad thing tonight was that you weren't there with us, Chris and Kira. We did think of trying the ship on dry ice option, but decided that it wouldn't be very fun for you to open rotten food. Maybe next time that plane will get here faster! :) Here is Maddy at dinner.
Deep concentration:
"I love chips and cheese!!"
Queso face:
Now I am getting ready to go to Women's Conference in Utah this week. I'm so excited! It will be so great to go be so uplifted for a few days. And I'm looking forward to being back in Utah--it's been so long! It's just so beautiful there.
And finally, I only have 2 Mondays left before I finish my first semester of grad school!! I can't even believe how quickly this semester has flown by. I am really enjoying it, and have learned so much. It's seriously amazing where life leads us. Life is GOOD.
14 years ago


10 Geniuses:
How great is all that! How fun! Thank you for keeping me current with your life through blogging. It makes me still feel like I get to see you all the time even though it is rare now! But I miss ya and love ya! lois
You were in Utah?
Wow. Looks like you have been busy.
I love that you are going to Women's Conference. Wish I could have come too!!! I would love to go back to Utah for a visit. I mean just today Chris and I were talking about Tucanos (I might have misspelled that) and how wonderful Brazilian food is. You guys should eat there during your visit!!!!!
Jenny, you're so great!
Man, those pics of Maddy look great! Hum... the "photographer" did a great job of waiting for just the right moment! Oh wait, that was me and I should be professional (ha!).
Jenny!! I feel like I will never see you again! Have a great time in Utah!! See you next week!!
-L
Thats so fun! I love sushi too! We need to convince summer that she likes it too. Then we can all go out and get some!! YUMMY!!!
WOW, one semester down?? It does fly by (even though it doesn't feel like it sometimes when you're in the middle of it!) Keep up the good work...and the sushi eating. We need to make a plan for after August to have a sushi date!!!
Fun times! You can't go wrong havin fun with family and friends. Hope you all have a great time at Women's Conference.
I want to thank you and your family for the fun time last Saturday night. I wish it could've been a longer visit though. Maybe next time I'm down in your area....anyway, please let your parents know that I was appreciative to be included on your family "outing".
See you in November!!
Post a Comment