07 June 2009

The Many Adventures. Seriously - M.A.N.Y.

Just get ready--this post is L-O-N-G!! So much has gone on in the last month--here are the updates.

One of my dearest friends, Kristina, from almost 20 (choke) years ago got married this weekend. We have been friends since 6th grade--we've shared many a memory and laugh together. I'm so grateful for good friends, who time and distance don't diminish the friendship connection. I'm happy we're both back in the same area now and can continue to create ongoing memories. I love the quote (I don't know who said it, and I probably won't get it verbatim) that "God gave us memories so we could have June roses in the Decembers of our lives." Life is about making meaningful memories, because that means your time is spent in meaning. I'm so grateful I got to be at your special day, Kristina, and I'm so grateful for the depth friendships like yours add to my life!








Our stake got a bunch of tickets to a minor league baseball game last Friday. It was so much fun--it was a lot more interactive than MLB. And it was tons of fun to be there with lots of people you know.



This is the umpire who unintentionally spit on himself, creating quite the entertainment factor for the on-looking crowd. :)








Haha! I'm not really asleep at a baseball game--I was going for the drama factor and it totally worked! The face Kirsten is making is classic...right, Chris?! Just don't ever really fall asleep on her shoulder. :)

There were fun fireworks after the game, also. It was such a fun, summery night!

Friday was my last day of work. It is bitter sweet. I'm in grad school, and will be an unemployed full-time student. This way I'll get done a year from now. I am pumped about being back in school, and about what this next chapter in my life. I'm sad to say goodbye to all of my friends, great memories, and great experiences of my job. I'm so grateful for the time I've had there and the incredible things I have been blessed to be part of!




Memorial Day was a blast with my family. We got together at my parents'. We grilled fajitas, swam in their neighborhood pool, and had a great time talking and being together. As you'll see below, Maddy was not thrilled with having to put on sunscreen. :)












Done with all the paparazzi. :)



Michael graduated last month and is off to law school in the fall. I'm so excited for you, brother, and super excited that you'll still be close by!! Here's to our future of me being a family law attorney in your already well-established law firm. :)
















This is at a graduation party later in the week:


7 Geniuses:

Kira said...

I love all the pictures. Good luck with the unemployment. We will soon be right there with you and I feel like I can't breathe whenever I remember that we won't have any money. But, I am happy that you will be done with school in only a year!!!
miss you!!!

Danielle said...

Love all the pictures Jenny! Great job! Don't you feel like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders now? :)

I'm so glad we have been hanging out more!

K said...

Hey "Mabel" -

We have to establish a max amount of times that pictures of the hideous-ginormous-nose can be posted online.

And you did post to Shutterfly, right?

I'm getting mine updated right now as we speak (metaphorically speak, of course).

Rock on with your grad school - I know you'll do GREAT!

Love,
"Edith"

Lois Brown said...

Great catch up post and it looks like that as always you are having a great time! Love it!

Washington Hills said...

Jenny, these are great! I wish I would take more pictures of myself making silly faces. Those are classic. Yup, need to do it. Love your family!

andi said...

Whee!! What a month! You're always busy- it's great!

Bobbi said...

Great pictures!!! I wish I could have been there for that celebration. I'm so proud of Mike.