I was really tired and grouchy tonight, so I went to bed at 8:30. I fell asleep right away. Then I woke up at midnight to use the restroom, and almost 3 hours later I still haven't been able to fall back to sleep. Hmph. So instead of returning to grouchy by laying down being frustrated that I can't sleep, I decided to go ahead and use this time productively. :)
I just finished another semester of grad school! This was my last semester of actual coursework. Next semester I just have my practicum and research paper, then May is graduation!! This semester was...well, by far not my favorite. It was pretty much a butt kicker, and I am SOOOO grateful to be on the other side of it now! :) I even managed to maintain grades I like, which I am so grateful for. I have definitely felt the Lord's hand blessing my life and helping me to make it through. It's getting through experiences like this that help reassure me that I really can make it; that I am a SURVIVOR! :) And that, above all, the Lord is there to help me so that it is possible to be that survivor.
So the last couple of months being as heinous as they were, I have not taken the time to upload pictures here. These start back at the beginning of November, on my dad's birthday. We got together and had potato chip chicken, salad, fruit, and homemade sourdough rolls.
We had the aforementioned AMAZING apple crisp for dessert again.
Realizing there were no candles, and being a Sunday, Michael and I got creative. Note: toothpicks work wonders as candles in a pinch. :) Just sing the birthday song and have the birthday person blow them out quickly--they burn fast.
We got a little silly hanging out after dinner. Full bellies will do that to a person. :)
I have not yet read the Twilight books, but I went and saw New Moon twice. The first time I went, the skies opened up and there was a major deluge when we left the theater. It was opening night, so there were I don't even know how ridiculoulsy many people leaving the theater, and we all got SOAKED.
The second time. How many people can YOU fit into an elevator?! :)
The group the second time:
Thanksgiving. Is there a tastier meal?? I don't think so! I LOVE Thanksgiving dinner!!! And this year was definitely no exception! With my mom's recent poultry allergy reversal, we were able to use more chicken broth, etc in the different dishes this year. Um, DELISH is the word I think best describes the experience this year. Thinking about it now makes me want it again! :)
Turkey
Gravy
Stuffing
Green Beans
Mashed Potatoes (notice the perfect peaks) :)
Sweet Potatoes
Rolls
The night of my last day of class, my mom, my sister, our friend Erin, and I went to see Handel's Messiah. It was absolutely amazing! And a fabulous way to celebrate the end of the semester!
Now I'm mostly being really lazy. :) I have been going to the gym again regularly, but that's been about the extent of my productivity since school ended. I also laid on the couch and read a book of my choice today. Um, amazing! It's been a while since I've done that, since I've been reading mostly textbooks since I started back to school in January. I have about a month off now before my next (and final!) semester, so I'm catching up on the good things--sleep, books, and leisurely activities. :)
I hope you all have a very merry Christmas, and that this season is happy and bright!
14 years ago


4 Geniuses:
i'm sorry you were grouchy yesterday, we would have liked to see you. :(
love the pictures and the post. that last picture of you, your mom, and kirsten is really nice. i'm sure she would love it (as a christmas gift).
Wheeeeee for end of semester, and the countdown is ON! And your sleep schedule sounds a lot like my kid's- you gotta quit that.
Seriously, I am so happy that you have some time off to just relax!
Glad you used your time productively! After all, what else can you do when suddenly awake in the middle of the night and unable to go to sleep besides blog! I totally would have done the same (oh, that's right... we share a brain, of course I would have done the same!).
My favorite picture on this post... the wacky glasses! Especially B with Miss Diva - totally a new favorite!
Love ya (thanks for going to Costco with me so I could get in!).
K
Ummm ... I know why I love you (well, one of the reasons) - there are no other blogs I follow that have pics of FOOD!
Post a Comment