20 September 2007

Birthdays

You know, birthdays just aren't the same as they were as a kid. As much as I have absolutely dreaded the idea of the birthday I just had (or I should say the age I turned), I have realized that there is always another side to the story. And realizing that the alternative to having a birthday is really quite grim ('cause if you didn't have a birthday you'd be dead), I have changed my attitude about the whole thing. The balloons and confetti ALL over my office have been quite a hit with many children. I might just leave the decorations up forever so that they can continue to serve as distractions for the little ones. :)

6 Geniuses:

Danielle said...

I like your thought process. I'll remember that when "I get to be your age..."

I LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. I love you so much. Wish I was there to have a cake fight with you. I hope I'm as energetic as you are when I turn "that" age. Lots of love.

andi said...

Happy Berfday! I vote leaving the streamers up all year long- it's a party at your desk everyday.

Anonymous said...

As a fellow Virgo and someone who is in your "age range", I also agree that the decorations should be left up!!!

jess... said...

Hey Jenny, I saw your blog. I am glad you are doing well. I was just thinking about you last week because your dad spoke in our ward. Check out our blog and you can see our little man Ammon....jess

Jenny said...

Well I am definitely glad you are all so supportive of the aged. :) haha! Jacks, that cake fight was so fabulous!! I have some great pictures from that. :) For all of you who voted that the decorations stay up, so far that's what's happening. Although the balloons are beginning to look pathetic and limp hanging from the ceiling. :) And all of the confetti was distributed by small children throughout the whole CPS office--I'm sure the cleaning crew loves me more than anything. :) Anyway, I love you all!

Jessica, Ammon is PRECIOUS!!! And you look fabulous!