24 April 2008

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

This one's for you, Michelle!
These are seriously like the cinnamon rolls from Cinnabon. They take FOREVER to make, but are so delicious and worth it! And they make about a billion, and freeze well.

Rolls:
1/2 c warm water
2 pkgs dry yeast
2 Tbl sugar
3 1/2 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
1/2 c margarine, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
6 c flour

Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c margarine
1 tsp vanilla
3 c powdered sugar
1 Tbl milk

Combine water, yeast, and sugar in a bowl until yeast and suagar are dissolved. Set aside. In a large bowl, prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Add margarine, eggs, & salt. Mix well. Add yeast mixture. Blend.

Gradually add flour; knead until smooth. Place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled. Punch dough down and let rise again.

Roll dough out on floured surface to 34x21 size. (AKA long and skinny.) Spread soft butter all over surface. Mix 2 c brown sugar and 4 tsp cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle on top and pat down into the dough. Roll up very tightly. Cut w/thread or knife (I use dental floss-wrap it around and pull-it keeps it from getting all smashed).

Place on lightly greased cookie sheet 2" apart. Take hand and lightly press down on each roll. Cover and let rise until doubled again. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Remove when they start to turn golden. DO NOT OVERBAKE.

Mix all ingredients for the cream cheese frosting. Frost rolls when they come out of the oven.

ENJOY!

9 Geniuses:

jackie e said...

i love these cinnamon rolls. and yeah it does take a million years to make one batch! i don't think i'll ever make cinnamon rolls again... but i do love the rolls we used to make and inhale once they were out of the oven. we're lucky we didn't gain 200 pounds while we had our food adventures!

Anonymous said...

Jenny you are the BEST!!!!!!!! I am going to try to make some of the Rhodes and see if that will satisfy my craving. If not, I am totally going to dedicate Sunday afternoon to these rolls.

Thank you so much. You are TRULY my heroine!

jess... said...

o my heck, your killing me!!!!

Anonymous said...

lol this totally contradicts your "yay for running" blog :p

i know how to make cheese cake!

Jenny said...

Hey, I didn't say I'm going to make them! I'm just passing along the yummy goodness recipe. :) BUT, my life contradicts my "Yay for Running" post.

d! said...

Yay for cinnamon rolls!

Tiffany said...

Jenny- I was blog surfing (my aunt calls it blog stocking!) and found your blog. Your face looks familar- we both lived in the villa but I think at different times. Anyway I thought I would say hello. I have a friend who just moved to Fort Worth- she has never lived in Texas before. What are some cool things I can tell her about? I would love the give her any tips I can. She is a single mom whoes divorce became final a few weeks ago after almost 2 years! She left her two oldest kids here in Utah with her ex for 8 weeks. I am sure she feels very alone and would love maybe give her some ideas to get her mind off of things. Anyway anything you could offer would be fabulous. Especially since you don't even know me :)
Tiffany

Danielle said...

Cute new background, sista!

Whatsdoyasay we run away to Corpus sometime soon? I am craving some La Playa!!

andi said...

K, so that sounds REALLY good. I gotta get my Martha Stewart on and make some of those bad boys!