03 May 2008

Fort Worth/Blog Surfing

I think we all know what blog surfing/stalking is. I think we all probably do it! You know, where you click on links from friend's blogs to see who else they know. I know I do it. It's how I find out people I know but haven't seen in forever have blogs. I just want to take a minute to thank Tiffany for being honest about this. She asked me to talk about some of the things that are great to do in Fort Worth because she has a friend moving here. I have to admit Tiffany, I've looked at your blog before, also. :) So with that now in the open, here are some of the things that are great to do in Fort Worth! I hope this helps your friend...

-Zoo
-Botanic Gardens
-Japanese Gardens
-Log Cabin Village
-Casa Manana (theater)
-Will Rogers Coliseum (always has different events going on)
-Museums – LOTS! And many of them are world renowned
-Omni theater (IMAX) – at the Museum of Science & History
-Stockyards (Billy Bob’s – dancing/music/food, rodeo, horseback riding, National Cowgirl Museum & Hall of Fame, shopping, restaurants)
-Downtown (restaurants, live music/friendly streets – always things going on, movies, Bass Performance Hall, shopping, Water Gardens, Thistle Hill Mansion – tour )
-Sports (Texas Motor Speedway, Rangers baseball games, Dallas Stars hockey games)
-Six Flags
-Hurricane Harbor
-Burger’s Lake – has water swings/slides, etc.
-Trinity River Trails – hiking, biking, running
-Fort Worth Nature Center – hike, observatory, etc.
-Restaurants
-Movies
-Parks – lots, all over the place
-Tour Mrs. Baird’s Bakery (free samples at end)

Fort Worth is such a great place! If she needs any ideas about restaurants, just let me know. I LOVE food! I've actually come to terms with the fact that it's not just a love, it's an addiction. I think it's my huge vice! If any of you know how to overcome the psychological connection to food so that I don't have to be so obsessed with it, please do let me know! :)

7 Geniuses:

jess... said...

Add this one to the list....live music Thurs - Sat on the patio at Central Market off Hulen & 30. We've done this a couple times this spring already...... Getchya some yummy food from inside & sit and listen to music, people watch and hang with friends.....

julie said...

Now I really feel lame because the only thing I can ever think of to do is eating out, I need to get more creative.
Do you really like running? I used to do it because I thought I should but I really don't like it. I hope you have success!
I made the cinnamon rolls a month ago for a friend and she fell in love with them. I only make them like once a year but I always get warm fuzzies thinking of you guys when I make them.

d! said...

i was in dallas a few weeks ago, and my friends didn't take me to any of those places. i guess i have sucky friends :( haha, i guess i'm sucky too cus i didn't call you...my bad :-|

Jenny said...

No kidding, D! :) Maybe you should call next time, and then you won't have such a lame time! hehe! Do you have my new #?

d! said...

no i dont

d! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Thank you so much! I will pass the info along to her. Your the best! that was more than I even hoped for.
Thanks!
Tiffany