I used to jog. Regularly. USED TO is the key point in the sentence. I've tried to do it again, and have been much less than successful. I've run in the good ol' Cowtown 5K (not the actual marathon--I would surely DIE!), so I get periodic emails from the Fort Worth Running Club, who sponsors the Cowtown. I got one a while back about a summer training program they're having to help people run better, and train for a marathon should they be crazy enough to want to. :) I've debated going to the information meeting, because I don't really know the proper form for breathing and all, and think I would maybe not die so bad every time I ran if I did it the right way.
Well, the corporate world likes eating out. I think it's the one way people utilize to feel like they're friends with the people they work with. After all, do it on work time so that you FEEL like you're socializing, but then there's no after hours commitment to hang out with the people who remind you of work. So yesterday my coworker whose birthday we were going to lunch to celebrate sent everyone a link to the worst restaurant foods EVER! Here's the link:
BAD-FOODS
Since we were going to On the Border, and 3 of the worst foods were from there, I sent a response email to everyone asking who was interested in forming a running group. People actually responded! Okay, so 1 person responded, and then 2 more people were "convinced" to be responded for also. :) So I told them about this training program at the FW Running Club, and now 4 of us are signed up to go to the information meeting together. I'm way excited about it! I hope the information meeting isn't totally deflating. Like that there's some gazillion $ fee to join the training or something. Or "I'm sorry, you're just not good enough for us to even work with." So we shall see! I've got it in my mind to really take this on. I hope it goes well!



7 Geniuses:
You can do it, you can do it!!!
*You should make that Cowtown pic bigger though, mmmm-kay?
Thanks for the confidence booster!
And good call, it's better bigger. 'Cause everything in Texas is bigger! :) (Especially STORMS!)
Oh, and I meant to add that I'm very happy we're both not actually working at work today so we can have this experience together. Thanks for teaching me about links!!! :)
I can't believe I'm refreshing your blog and finding all these comments and they're coming from the same two people... Us. Wow, we should work while at work.
:oP
I LOVE it!!! :) I SERIOUSLY don't want to work today!!! (Have you noticed, by chance?) :) And I think it's hilarious that we both keep doing this!
Good for you girlee! I've just resigned to the fact that I am cut out to run no more than 3.5 miles ever. It's my cut off point. No matter how hard I try to get better. I give you props for checkin' into it. (If you're interested in WALKING a marathon, I'm your girl, though. Just to keep in mind.)
xoxo
run girl run! i never was crazy enough to go on your early morning runs...but good for you! i'm training for a 5k...sounds funny to train for such a short run, eh? i am not a runner so this is a big deal for me.
good luck with your running adventure.
Post a Comment