12 June 2008

Lessons Learned.

This week has been really crazy. Insane. I don't even know how you would make up all of the details, they just had to actually happen to even be real. I'm going to tell the short version. Because of a lesson I've learned (re-learned is more like it--I just don't always figure it out the first gazillion times) about not getting so consumed with what went "wrong." "Wrong" in our eyes sometimes turns out to be very right.

I was in South Carolina last week for a delivery and placement. It was absolutely incredible. Every piece of it was just directed by Divinity. Really, it was beyond amazing.

This Monday I was supposed to go back to South Carolina so I could go to court early Tuesday morning with my girl and the adoptive parents. This is where I'm going to tell the short version. 12 hours after I got to the airport to fly out to South Carolina I was catching a shuttle back to my car in long term parking to drive back home in the middle of the night. And I was not going to make it to South Carolina for court.

After the first flight I was on was cancelled, I really felt uneasy and just felt like something was wrong about flying out to South Carolina that night. However, I was committed to going and didn't really have an option to not get reticketed for the next flight out. So I did, and many, many hours later that flight was also cancelled, it was the middle of the night, there were no more flights out until morning, and the first morning flight wouldn't get me there until an hour after the court hearing. Going to South Carolina was now not even an option. It was completely impossible.

After quite a bit of grumpiness and major major frustration the last few days, I've realized that this "trial" was really probably Heavenly Father keeping me safe without me having to break my commitment and responsibility. It just wasn't even an option for me to not go--not even in my mind. But something was not right. And after talking through this tonight with some really amazing ladies, I am absolutely sure that it not working out for me to go was Heavenly Father being right in the details of my life and being my "scape goat" if you will (or protection) for a situation that for whatever reason wasn't right.

I am so grateful that the Lord really is in all of the details of our lives. It's like Elder Hales said in this last conference, Heavenly Father strengthens us as we go about to do the work we are sent to do. I am a firm believer that this is absolutely the work I am sent to do at this particular time. And I am so grateful for His guiding hand that is available in each and every aspect if I will accept it and let it in. I hope and pray for His grace in my weakness of getting frustrated and angry in the midst of the trial, so that I may recognize His hand then and not so long after the fact.

0 Geniuses: