05 August 2008

New York City.



I'm back from New York! It was a whirlwind of a trip, and SO MUCH FUN!! I slept for 1 1/2 hours the night I was actually in the city--after all, I was in the city that doesn't sleep, so why should I?! It was a really incredible place, and I just wanted to take advantage of every second that I could. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to go do this fun thing! I've always wanted to go to New York, and I actually got to! You know those moments when you feel like you're a grown up? This weekend was one of those for me, as I successfully navigated the streets of New York all by myself, both by car and by foot. And let me tell you:
1-the drivers there really are terrible!
2-I did a lot of walking!
It was so great. I would highly recommend going if you ever get the chance. It is just really neat to be at some historically very meaningful places, and to stand on the top of the Empire State Building and look out at all of the grandeur of this Earth's creations.

5 Geniuses:

K said...

I see you reactivated the comments area! I am so glad your hop to NY was fun (and that you made it back alive!)I wish I could have made it work to go with you! We'll have to plan a sister trip to NYC, or maybe we can plan a trip for the "four of us!"

Danielle said...

Yes, THANK YOU for putting the comments back - that was really annoying to me (*said in the nicest way possible*).

So glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pics. I love seeing all those places you see on TV and movies, etc. Glad you made it back safely!! :)

andi said...

You rock, J. Your job has some seriously cool perks!!! Glad you had a great time- it's such a fun place to visit!

Shannon said...

I'm glad you had a great time but I'm really glad you're home!!! I'm also glad that I didn't have any incidents with the alarm while you were gone, except for your crazy sister scaring me to death! (that's for you Kirsten!) ;)