SO MUCH has happened since my last post that there hasn't even been time to post about it all! This is kind of the biggest of all of it, though, so I'm going to make it the focus.
I’m changing jobs! I have been working with birthparents in planning adoption for their child. I am now switching to the other side of the process, and will be working with couples who are adopting those children.
This has been a really bittersweet decision. I LOVE my current job, working with birthmothers who have wisdom and insight far beyond their years. Who put their own feelings aside and take on the grief of loss that comes with selflessly placing their child in the path for opportunities that their current life circumstances do not allow, through adoption. My life has so much added meaning because of the lessons these women teach me through the experiences we share. I also love my coworkers. There is a camaraderie that is just inherent in this job, as we walk through the journey with these women and share their experiences and emotions.
On the other hand, I am thrilled for the opportunity to walk side by side with people as they walk through the experience of finally fulfilling their dreams of family through adoption—such a heavenly gift for both sides, as birthparents are able to move forward to better their lives and couples are able to fulfill their dream of being parents. A child wins as they are placed from the loving arms of their birthparents into the loving arms of people who have prepared and are ready to offer all of the love of their hearts and opportunities for growth and security. And at last a forever family is created, as well as bonds of love that are indestructible between all of the people who love this child so much—the birth family and adoptive family.
I am excited as I embark upon this new journey, and pray that I will be an effective instrument in the Lord’s hands for a work that is directly related to His plan of raising children in good, safe, loving, righteous homes.
AND I'm excited and nervous because I will be going back to school sometime in the next year to further my education as I get a master's degree in social work!
14 years ago


8 Geniuses:
Congrats Jenny! I think it is so wonderful you take so much pride in your job and the experiences and lessons you get to learn from it! I wish you the best of luck in this change!
YAY!!!!! And yay for going back to school!! I am always impressed with your stick-to-it-ness to get what you really want. Proud of you! :)
Congrats! I am sure you will love working with parents as much as the birth moms. You do a great work for people and are so awesome!
I'm so happy you got the job!! But not a bit surprised, you're so awesome and I'm sure you'll be just as awesome working with adoptive parents as you were working with the birth parents. You're amazing!
Having given a child up for adoption (many years ago), I admire the work you have done and your decision to be on the other side of the spectrum.
I'm looking forward to seeing you and your family.
Love you!
Congrats on the new job! Are you still going to travel? I would love for you to come visit some time.
Congrats on the new job and on going back for your master's! My master's degree was the best decision I ever made. Of course it was when I went back to school that I met my husband...;) But now I'm using my degree to support my family while he finishes school!
Jenny, you are AMAZING! I love that you are (and always have been) so positive about life. You will do great, no matter what! I'm proud of you and this big step. It takes courage to change.
Post a Comment