29 December 2008

Updates - Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!




Here are pictures from the whole Christmas season. My brother-in-law, Brian, graduated with his criminal justice degree December 13. (He's total CSI material!) There are just a few pictures of my niece, Maddy, from that weekend. She likes to fly, hence the cape. :) She kept walking past people and saying "hi" over and over again in the tiniest, cutest little voice. It was precious!

Then the Thursday before Christmas I got tickets from work to the Symphony's "Tidings of Joy" concert. I took my mom, who taught me my love for classical music. The concert was fabulous! We went to dinner afterward, and had a wonderful evening. Thanks for going with me, Mom, and for dinner!

Christmas Eve we had dinner at my parents. I forgot to take pictures of the actual meal, but it consisted of a Honey Baked ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, homemade bread, salad, and cinnamon apples. It was VERY tasty! And there were so many delcious treats!! We had Oreo balls (if you haven't tried these, DON'T--you'll be addicted!), frozen peppermint cheesecake (ditto on the addiction issue), scrabble--my Grandma's homemade version of Chex Mix that puts ol' "Chex" to shame (once again, another addiction problem), and apple pie. Even without eating all of the options, I could hardly walk by the end of the night. It was all so tasty!

Christmas morning my dad always fixes a yummy breakfast. Brian's mom, JoAnn, ate with us. It's always so fun to see you, JoAnn!! Next time Kirsten will have her flute ensemble prepared and play it for you in her pink poofy dress...

The day after Christmas my sister (Kirsten) and I were just going to go to lunch together, and then I was going to work on my long list of "To Do's." Well on our way to lunch we drove past the Salvation Army family thrift store, and decided we'd check it out after we ate. We'd never done the thrifting thing before, so we didn't know quite what to expect. And then we hit the jack pot! It ended up being an afternoon of thrifting at 2 different stores, and not getting anything done on the to do list. I got the sweet bookcase thing for $25 and am going to strip and refinish it to use for a TV stand. The other things you see you'll have to wait for a future post to show what they will become...:) Of course the clothing will all be just that--clothing. I was way excited to find such cute, cheap things! After a good spray down of Lysol and some time in the sun, those shoes are ready to go, good as new! I think I've found a new addiction--thrift stores! We have a couple of ginormous ones close to us, and now that I know what kind of treasures you can find there I'm IN!

And now it's back to a few days of work to end the year. And that alarm clock is going to sound VERY quickly, so I must be off. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have sweet memories as you reflect on the LiFe aNd TiMeS oF 2008! "See" you next year!

5 Geniuses:

K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K said...

Since I have B.I.C. syndrome, I might as well leave a comment before I go to bed! Where does the time go as I sit here?

My responses to this post:
1. Brian is TOTALLY CSI material - especially once he finishes his Masters, which he is heading toward next.

2. I am totally fat from eating way too much yummy stuff at Christmas and might need to seek help!

3. I'm absolutely NOT playing that flute ensemble UNLESS you are playing a duet with me in YOUR pink, poofy dress!

4. Thrifting was way too fun and could become another time-consuming problem. What would the name be for that syndrome?

And now, BIC has ended and I am going to bed!

P.S. I had to delete this same comment earlier - grammar errors that I couldn't overlook - another syndrome, I think!

Lois Brown said...

Loved all the pics and sounds like you had a great Christmas Holiday and graduation and thrift store shopping! Love it! Love you! -lois

Jenny said...

Bahahahahaha! I'm laughing so hard at the thought of us in those "lovely" dresses playing a flute duet!!! Now THAT would call for some serious picture taking. And it might make us laugh even harder than we did last night...:) Then again, maybe not--that may never, ever, EVER be topped. EVER. At least I hope not. Or I will NOT hold on to the shred of sanity I currently struggle with...I love you, sis! Thanks for the great laughs!!

And I love you too, Lois!

julie said...

Happy New Year! Looks like good family times. I visited my family for christmas so I am still trying to get my life organized for the new year. Let us know how the work and school thing go. love you!