21 July 2009

Thank You.

Dear Rain Storm,

I'm so glad you were finally able to come visit, though short the visit was. Thank you for dropping the temperature here 30 degrees, from 107 to 77. Thank you for giving my air conditioner a chance to shut off. Thank you for allowing my sweat glands a couple of hours to not swelter to the point of explosion. Thank you for letting me touch the steering wheel of my car without losing the flesh on my hands. Thank you for nourishing the plant life that so desperately needs you.

Please don't wait so long to come back next time!

Sincerely,
Jenny

6 Geniuses:

Shannon said...

Amen and amen!

K said...

Too bad I missed it - I was enjoying BE-AU-TI-FUL weather in Boston!

I would like to meet your friend, The Texas Rain, so maybe it will come back to visit soon!

Washington Hills said...

Ha!

JennyMac said...

This cracked me up. 107? You need a cocktail.

andi said...

Oh, I totally agree. Sign my name to that letter!

Bobbi said...

Wow, you sure were a thankful person that day. I can certainly understand why.
It's been in the mild 80's here in Utah. (not to brag of course)
I'm glad I'm coming there in November........maybe it'll be in the 80's there.