28 September 2009

Happy Birthday, Mike!

Michael’s birthday was Sunday. I’m so glad you’re my brother, Mikey!!

We cooked out to celebrate. He and Brian did the actual grilling—happy birthday to you, now get cooking, right?! They are, though, the masters of the grill. The rest of us just would not want him to eat anything that is second best on the day celebrating him. :) We had steak, asparagus, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and sourdough bread.





Then we had some AMAZING apple crisp with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream in lieu of cake. I finally got to use my apple peeler/corer/slicer contraption, and WOW. I. LOVE. IT. Best invention ever!! (Even though it does look like it came across the plains with the pilgrims.) :) Seriously, it makes fixing apple dishes an absolute ease. LOVE IT! I would recommend it to anyone who wants to save significant time in the kitchen, because it will also peel potatoes for you!

So anyway, here is the crisp:


And the new love of my life:


And here is the birthday boy:


Maddy is happy you were born, also. Sweet daddy-daughter love!!


Speaking of Maddy, she was of course a complete rock star all night. She gave death squeeze hugs that made you feel like your head would pop off, ate like a big girl, “rocked” in my arms, and convinced us to share our ice cream with her.

“I’m so cute”


So sweet!


And the she goes in for the kill...



This corn is bigger than her!


"Rock-a-bye baby..."

"I know you want to give me some..."


It was a really fun time. I am so grateful for family and for the support and love we share, and for the happy memories we are able to make together!

2 Geniuses:

Anonymous said...

Dang I wish I were a part of your family Jenny! That food looks delicioso!!!

Bobbi said...

I loved reading your blog and just love those pix. I must confess that I get to see more of Maddy on you and Kiersten's (did I spell her name right?) blog than I do Danielle's. (course, you don't have an almost 2 year old girl running around either)
Anyway, thanks for sharing!!