What a fantastic weekend!! It started off on one emotional extreme, and ended on the other.
My birthday was Friday, and it started off with a bang. Not literally, thank goodness, although almost. This is what I woke up to Friday morning:
This was actually at the tail end of the spectacle. Originally there were 6 or 7 cop cars, blockading this whole part of the parking lot. I was somewhat terrified, and didn’t think very quickly about grabbing my camera. :) There was a lock down in my building because of a neighbor in major distress, to put it lightly. The perpetrator was hauled off to jail, and peace ensued.
The day got better! :)
I went to dinner that night with my fam. Maddy, of course, was a total rock star. Here are a couple of cute pics from the event:
(posing to show off her cute new shoes)
I. Love. This. Girl.
Our stake hosted a ginormazon singles conference this weekend. President Uchtdorf came to speak! It was absolutely incredible. The Spirit was so strong, testifying of Heavenly Father’s love for us—sending His representative to the place where we are, just like He will always meet us at the place where we are. The reality of His love was so powerful. I bawled like a baby. And then to top it off, I got to meet President Uchtdorf and his wife! I shook their hands and was introduced to them by our stake president. I am so grateful for this experience, and for the love and care Heavenly Father shows us in so many ways!!
14 years ago


4 Geniuses:
You are one lucky girl!!!
I am so glad your birthday turned out to be a good one (I'm sure that all started with a "delicious and nutritious" breakfast delivered to your locked down apartment!)
And did Maddy put her shoes on herself, or are they actually on the right feet?
Yay! so glad your birthday was good. that would have been a little too exciting to wake up to all the police around your apartment! Very cool also about Pres. Uchtdorf....my neice was there and said that she got to shake his hand and hug his wife! what more could you want.
Happy late birthday!!! Love you!
Post a Comment