22 August 2007

Jenny's Famous (or not so famous) Rolls

This one's for you, Jacks! :) Here's to memories of eating the ENTIRE batch of about 203834 rolls in one sitting...

The Best Rolls Ever

Ingredients:

1/2 c butter

1 c milk

2 pkgs yeast

1/2 c warm water

1/2 c sugar

1 tsp salt

3 eggs

4-7 cups flour

Melt butter. Add milk. Dissolve yeast in water. Add yeast mixture to butter mixture. Add sugar and salt. Beat eggs and add. Add flour until it's the right consistency. (I like to use wheat flour, also.) Knead dough. Allow to rise until doubled (until a soft push into the dough with your thumb leaves a print). Roll out and shape. Allow to raise again. Bake at 350 until golden brown. LATHER in butter when they come out of the oven.

EAT, EAT, EAT!! You will not be sad...And Jen, thus our Martha Stewart restaurant will continue to fatten the people up! :)

4 Geniuses:

jackie e said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I will definitely be making those as soon as it's not so dang hot here. I will try not to eat the whole batch ;)

JS said...

I don't think I ever ate those rolls.... but I remember smelling them... and hearing about them. Mmmm... dinner tomorrow... rolls and maybe some other stuff. :)

Thanks for the recipes. My life is forever changed.

JS said...

What should our restaurant be called if all we serve is trifle, rolls and bruchetta chicken... ?

Jenny said...

Jen, let's call it, "Girl's gotta eat." This is my mantra! :)