Okay, so that title works out to be a little awkward. But it's a good summation of what's been going on. Kirsten and I took a "sister's trip" to Corpus to close out my apartment lease. The beach was BEAUTIFUL at sunset--although way too cold to get in. :) And if you have never had a fried avocado, your life is missing a lot of meaning! SO DELICIOUS! It's this huge avocado stuffed with chicken and cheese then fried. NOT health friendly, but amazing!




I travel around a lot with my new job. I work with birthmoms who stay at home during their pregnancy, which means I could potentially go anywhere in the U.S. I was in Marshall, TX last week--not to be confused with Marshall, West Virginia as in the movie "We are Marshall." I also went down to the Austin area recently shadowing a coworker. The rental car place gave us a minivan. Then when we stopped for a restroom break, the only place around was "Wag A Bag." Oh the amazing adventures! :)
I have also spent a lot of time recently for work in Dallas' county hospital, Parkland Hospital. Andi, I admire you EVEN MORE now. The best part of the whole experience was me getting totally sick in the parking garage and having to drive the hour back to Fort Worth. Thank you county hospitals and the diseases you carry.
I was recently called to be the Stake Primary Secretary. I wish I had a picture to represent the shock I feel at this call. Especially since I'm in the only ward in the stake without a primary! :) I decided after a ward conference last week though that it's probably the greatest calling in the church! I get to go around and sing the primary songs and hear the amazing talks, scriptures, and songs from the children.
Jessica, as far as changing your background without deleting the widgets, I haven't found a way to do that. I just put them back in every time I change my background. So if anyone else knows how to do that, can you share with all of us??
14 years ago


7 Geniuses:
If you get your template where I got mine (matie kay), hers do it without deleting it for some reason. I have her linked on my blog...
Fried avocados! Where can I even get that? Sounds amazing. By the way, how are you? Sounds like you're busy. Love you!
TAG, you're it!
We should leave town again soon!
Love ya!
Life sounds exciting. Let me know if you ever have to travel to florida, I would love to see you again. miss you!
Awesome Jenny!! Well, not about the diseases, but I bet we could share syphilis and MRSA stories :) Love me the Parkland aroma. Not really, but... Do you work in the newborn nursery- because I do sometimes, and I do really love it there. It's very humbling at times. Yay! (Call me sometime when you're over there- maybe I could meet you!
I miss that beach! You must have eaten at La Playa! Your new calling sounds like fun. I think being a secretary is always a good calling.
Post a Comment