01 September 2008

Canton.

Every month in Canton, TX, one weekend is set up as the largest outdoor market in the world. It is known as trade days. You can find anything and everything your heart desires! From furniture, to decor, to clothing, food, etc. It is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Kirsten, Danielle, and I have gone together one time before. It's held the weekend before the first Monday of every month. When we went before we went at the beginning of December. It was SOOO cold! Hot chocolate was a must, and we still froze.


Well, we decided to go again. We went out there this weekend. It was NOT cold. In fact, it was oppressively hot! We sweated it up quite a bit, but it was still so much fun! I am so grateful for you guys, Kirsten and Danielle, and for the great conversations we were able to have on the long drive. It was a fun-filled day that was much needed.

Here are some pictures:

Starting the day (the camera was on top of someone's car, and I'm hunched over because I wasn't sure if it was really going to get all of us)


Getting ready to call it a day - beat from the heat!


We saw a billion cars from Louisiana on our way home as people started evacuating for Gustav. All the sudden we looked over and saw a car full of nuns evacuating. It was just a strange sight to see them cruising along down the interstate!

Thanks for another great memory, K & D!

3 Geniuses:

Matt said...

That sounds really really fun! Almost as fun as if you were to come visit Lindsey and me some time.

I feel for you about the heat though. I was out in it thsi weekend and it melted some of the glue in my brand new helmet, and it tried to drip down into my face. Mmmm melty helmet glue.

Danielle said...

Ha! The nuns! :)

That was fun - thanks for being so great!

K said...

I thought I made it perfectly clear that I H-A-T-E that first picture! At least no one can tell that my pants are broken!

It was a great day! Let's shoot for the colder weather and the hot chocolate again - a much better option to the sweat!

I love ya!