12 February 2009

411.

So much has happened, I don't even know where or how to start. So instead I'm going to copy and paste 25 random things about me from Facebook. Here goes:

So these are my all time most favorite 25 random things. Beware...

1. I have left "my mark" on the Trinity River Trail...and left with one less sock and a LOT less dignity...
2. I'm missing the cartilage in the tip of my nose.
3. I sometimes have to take naps on the couch in order to get enough energy to go to bed.
4. I have also left "a mark" of different sorts in the Parkland Hospital parking garage.
5. I get paid to hold babies.
6. One time I wore a wrap-around skirt to high school. I think I only wore it the ONE time, because when I did I walked across the entire school with it tucked up behind my backpack. My backpack was on my back...
7. One time I was Elvis in a toga. I forgot to shave my arm pits, so my friends and I used face paint to "paint" on arm pit hair to make it look like it was on purpose. I got a lot of compliments on how "manly" I appeared...
8. I almost fell into the Amazon Rive once.
9. I'm addicted to jewelry.
10. I'm also addicted to food.
11. I was more concerned about you learning I am OCD than I was about you learning any of the other #s on here.
12. When I was little I only ever got 1 pair of "jelly" shoes. When my toes broke out of the top and my mom threw them away, I cotinued to get them out of the trash can and wear them with my toes sticking out.
13. Some people think I'm mature enough to chaperone youth dances and plan girls' camp...
14. I'm not really scared of anything.
15. #14 came about because I already almost died lots of times.
16. When I was 15 and obviously did not have my license yet, my friend and I "borrowed" my parents' minivan while they were out of town and went to Arby's. We almost crashed on the way back. Lesson was learned and I never did that again!
17. My parents never knew #16...
18a. I never remember my dreams.
18b. I only remember night terrors.
18c. I'm over my night terrors.
18d. But I still remember what they were.
19. I'm sometimes a race car driver. The police don't ever seem to understand.
20. I went to Alaska twice in one week.
21. I buy in bulk. For just myself.
22. I served a mission in the Amazon and speak Portuguese.
23. I am considered an "expert witness" in the state of Texas.
24a. I like to think I'm a doctor.
24b. And a lawyer.
25a. All time favorite (names have been excluded for privacy reasons): One time 2 of my friends and I filled our friend's hot tub in the middle of the night then called him to let him know we were in his backyard. The call was not well received, but we have since made ammends.
25b. Thanks for not really calling the cops, Russell!

9 Geniuses:

Kira said...

I think your parents should punish you for stealing the car at 15!!!

It was fun to learn more about you and how weird you are :)

bhblood said...

That was fun to read! You are hilarious!

Danielle said...

HAHAHAHA!

This made me laugh so hard. I am so glad I can come to you for medical / legal advice. Soon, I won't need you for the legal advice, though, sorry. But you forgot that you're also a chef! And I'm your assistant. And I love that you mentioned your race car driverness. But you forgot the part about having to turn on the air when it gets 'hot.'

:)

Jenny said...

hahahahaha! I love you guys! Thanks for recognizing my weirdness, Kira. :) I seriously pride myself in the fact that I'm weird--for real, I love it!

Danielle, you should still come to me for legal advice because I'm the family law expert, and Michael isn't doing family law, right? And you are so right--I'm so sorry to not give you credit for being assistant chef! You are an AMAZING assistant chef, and I think we should use our skills soon...

...I WILL ALWAYS WIN...(and then have to turn on the air because it gets hot...)

andi said...

SO FUNNY!!! I didn't know some of those things...namely the cartilage thing- Can we get together soon and share random things over a fudgy chocolate dessert??

K said...

I can't believe that I didn't know about #16 (you are a stranger to me!).

You forgot to mention that because of your jelly-shoe obession, you now have a flat-out shoe obsession!

And I know why you LOVE jewelry... thanks Grandma!

Ellie said...

That was the funniest thing I have read in a long time! You are so awesome and I love that you had such an adventurous life!

~Rachel said...

Loved your post! You are amazing and you have done so many great, crazy, fun, and sounds like some illegal things in your life. :)Even after reading this post I soooo totally trust you with my two teenage daughters.

Mandy said...

this was one of the best things my eyes ever read. it'd be even better if you confessed that you still had your jellies from back in the day. :) you are such a neat person and i love you. i look forward to "25 Random Things - Part II"...

(oh - by the way, i pulled a sneaky one on everyone and moved my blog recently... http://lackeyantics.blogspot.com/)