28 February 2009

Hi.

I sure have not been good about updates. Life gets too busy, yet I know I shouldn't let that be an excuse. And this is the conundrum of my life...

So here are a couple of updates. I got to be at the temple last week when my sweet friend Debbie went for the first time. It was so uplifting to be there and share in her joy! Thank you for being such a rock, Debbie. You are amazing!

Afterward Kirsten, Brian, and I went to eat. I was very hungry:


Brian apparently was too, because he bit Kirsten's arm. This is after the fact:



Kirsten was very thirsty.

Our waiter made a comment about it, which led to follow up commentary by Brian and I, as seen below:

Now I'm participating in a "Biggest Loser" competition. I'm so pumped about it! For those of you who have known me for any extended amount of time, you know that I have a healthily competitive side. :) I have been realizing over the recent past that I want to live a healthy lifestyle so that I can enjoy every day that I'm allowed to be here on Earth, and a little extra competitive motivation seems like a great way to start making the habits I neeed to make this possible. I've started by implementing more regular exercise and healthier eating, with less amounts. It's great! I love the conversations I've been able to have with other participants about why we're doing this, and encouraging each other to keep on going. We're sharing tips and pitfalls to help each other stay on track, with the hope that it will really become a change in mindset so that we don't have to be so conscientious about making good choices. So if any of you have any tips, etc that you find helpful in living your own healthy lives, please do share! I will pass them on to the other members of the competition also. Because really, even though it's being called a "competition," it's really more about supporting each other--there is no million dollar prize at the end, although there will be a reward for the person that has the highest percentage in loss of weight. And no, the reward will not be food! :)

Life is wonderful! Busily wonderful.

5 Geniuses:

Kira said...

Just wanted to let you know that I took your recommendation to put out a bowl of healthy snacks. I thought it was a good idea and I am excited to see if it helps Chris because he won't "make" anything to eat. So, this way it is ready to go!

Lois Brown said...

I wanted to be there so bad with Debbie and Barbara and you girls...but alas I had to watch Aileen because no babysitter! But they promised we would go another weekend so I hope it will be soon! Very exciting things!

Washington Hills said...

Jenny, you are so fantastic!

Danielle said...

I especially like the title of this post. I can actually hear you saying it and it makes me laugh! :)

Linds said...

I heart you!!!!